The United Arab Emirates (UAE) is a country located in the Middle East, comprising seven Emirates. This region is known for its multicultural society and rapid economic development. These factors have made it a popular destination for businesses and individuals alike. One of the most significant achievements in the UAE is the implementation of the unified number system. In this article, we delve in-depth into the unified number system, its importance, and how you can find your UID number.
Unified number UAE, All you need to know about this identification number
Unified number has played a vital role in the country’s growth and development. The unified number system is a unique identification number assigned to individuals and companies operating in the UAE.
It is a ten-digit number issued by the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship (FAIC). This is mandatory for all expatriates and residents to obtain. A unified number is used in all official transactions, including some of the following:
- Applying for visas
- Opening bank accounts
- Registering for utilities
- Paying taxes
The system was introduced in 2011, replacing the previous system that required multiple identification numbers for different purposes.
Impact of unified numbering system
The implementation of the unified number system has had a significant impact on various sectors in the UAE. One of the sectors that has majorly benefited from the introduction of UID is the financial sector. Unified numbers have made it easier for banks and financial institutions to verify their customer identities and monitor the transactions.
This efficiency has increased transparency and reduced the risk of money laundering and fraud. It has also made the UAE’s financial sector more reliable and secure.
The unified number has had positive implications on two other major sectors in the UAE, these include the following:
- The system has made it easier for healthcare providers to access patient records and track their treatment history. It has improved the quality of healthcare services in the region and has enabled increased patient safety.
- Unified numbers have made it easier for schools and universities to track student records and issue certificates and transcripts. The process of verifying qualifications has been streamlined, making it easier for students to apply for jobs or for further education.
Social services enabled by the implementation of unified numbers
The implementation of the unified number system has also had social benefits. Unified number has made it easier for the government to provide social services to its citizens and residents. For example, the unified number is used in the distribution of social welfare benefits, ensuring that only those who are eligible receive them promptly.
How do I check my UAE unified number?
To check your unified number you must visit the website of the Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship. Following are the steps to follow to check your unified number in UAE.
- Visit https://www.ica.gov.ae/
- Click on the “Services” and select “ID Card Services” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Renew ID Card” from the list of available services.
- Enter your personal details, including your full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number or residency visa number.
- Click on the “Submit” to proceed.
- If you have a unified number, it will display on the next page along with your other personal details.
Alternatively, you can also check your unified number by contacting the ICA Customer Service Center at 6005-30003 or by visiting an ICA service center in person with your passport or residency visa.
Importance of unified number in Dubai
There are several factors that describe the importance of a UAE unified number. Here are some points elaborating the same:
- Identity verification: A unified number provides a unique identification number for residents in the UAE. It allows government and private entities to verify their identity easily.
- Access to government services: The unified number is required to access government services such as applying for a residency visa, opening a bank account, and registering a vehicle.
- Travel: Unified number is required for residents to travel internationally, as it is used as the primary form of identification on boarding passes and immigration forms.
- Employment: The unified number is mandatory for residents who want to work in the UAE. It is used to register with the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratization.
- Health care: Unified number is required for residents to access public health care services in the UAE.
Unified number UAE: An integral part of the system
The unified number system has contributed to the UAE’s reputation as a progressive and modern country. It demonstrates the government’s commitment to innovation and its desire to provide its citizens and residents with a high standard of living.
Unified number system has increased transparency, reduced fraud and money laundering, improved the quality of healthcare and education services, and made it easier for businesses to operate. It will remain a vital component of its infrastructure, contributing to its ongoing success.